Is scrolling through the news feed on Facebook, Contact list on Watsapp, Home feed on Linked IN and New Tweets on Twitter your daily reading habit? Are you the one who is accepting knowledge these social media websites give and declining the vast emporium of knowledge from books and novels?

If you are one of these people then you need to take two minutes out of your time and read this article till the end, if you wish you improve yourself daily and constantly. Following are the reasons why successful people have a strong love for books.

Books will boost your imagination

Imagination is a very important aspect in any professional’s life. Imagination paves way for creativity which in turn paves a way for a successful career and recognition. Imagination is a crucial aspect in a creative professional’s life be it a writer, graphic designer or a PR personnel the list is endless. And, this aspect is covered by books & novels. There is a need of imagining the characters, situation, environment;in short the whole plot & setting, when reading a book.

Imagining a book while reading is equal to imagining a movie, with your perspective based on the details provided or explained.

Imagination will improve your memory

Within a decent time of period, once you have started reading books, you won’t be an individual with an excuse or reason of “I don’t remember” or “I forgot”.

It goes without saying that you haven’t read a book unless you’ve imagined it and you remember the basic story at least. Remembering is a very important aspect which makes a book successful amongst its readers. Because it is the characters, situations and ambitions mentioned in the story which makes or breaks a book .You would be glad to know that you don’t need to force your brain to remember things, one of the functions of brains is to remember things, but to develop it to remember things is our duty. There is nothing better than reading a book to improve your memory because “every new memory you create forges new synapses (brain pathways) and strengthens existing ones, which assists in short-term memory recall as well as stabilizing moods.”

Improved memory will lead to vocabulary expansion & knowledge

You don’t need to provide a proof of reading;proof of reading leading to vocabulary expansion and knowledge.All of us have been witnessing it since the day we started talking or reading and it’s continuing even today.

The more you read, more the number of words will find their path to your everyday vocabulary.Out of 100 professional people at least 90% of them have an average vocabulary,but the rest of 10% are the one’s whom you look up to for the way they communicate, respond and interact. And, the rest of 10% is only able to cast that impression on you is because they read, they read more than you do.

So, it’s for you to decide which percentage of people you want to belong to.

You won’t be off budget; Sharing is Caring

You don’t need to buy a book to read a book. Long gone are those days when you had to buy a book to read a book. It’s the 21st century! You can either take or lend a book from your friend or library. Afterall, “sharing is caring”.Also, there might be a few friends or colleagues of yours who might be a fan of some author or book and they would like to know your opinion over it.Wouldn’t they share the book with you?

Even if you don’t have many friends who read books, you can download the free e-books which are available online in PDF OR ePub formats and then later share it with them. Whichever way you choose, you will only benefit from it by saving a few INR’s from your pockets and also by learning & understanding new perspectives that you had never thought of earlier.

What do you think?

comments