We’ve all suffered from acidity at some point or the other.
Acidity is a set of symptoms caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Your stomach naturally produces gastric or hydrochloric acid (HCl) to help digest and break down food.
When this does not happen, you may suffer from acidity.
Acidity occurs when there is excess secretion of acids in the gastric glands of the stomach. When the secretion is more than usual, we feel, what is commonly known as heartburn, which is normally triggered off by the consumption of spicy foods.
Here are some simple home remedies to cure acidity:
– Skip the aerated drinks as well as the caffeine. Opt for herbal tea instead.
– Have a glass of lukewarm water every day.
– Include banana, watermelon, and cucumber in your daily diet. Watermelon juice is great for curing acidity.
– Nariyal paani (Tender Coconut Water) is known to soothe the system if you suffer from acidity.
– Drink a glass of milk – every day.
– Have your last meal at least two to three hours before you hit the sack.
– Keeping long intervals between meals is another cause of acidity. Have small but regular meals.
– Try to avoid pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar, etc.
– Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass of this after meals.
– Sucking on a piece of clove is another effective remedy.
– Jaggery, lemon, banana, almonds, and yogurt are all known to give you instant relief from acidity.
– Excessive smoking and drinking will increase acidity, so cut down.
– Try chewing gum. The saliva generated helps move food through the esophagus, easing symptoms of heartburn.
– Ginger aids in digestion. Either buy powdered ginger in capsule forms or add the herb to your recipes.
– A simple preparation of lemon water with sugar can be sipped on an hour before lunch to reduce uneasiness.
– Have vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions.