Narendra is one of our most engaged users from Unisys, Hyderabad. A constant leader in Zoojoo.be’s leader-boards, he tells us the value of health- an asset that we don’t realise the value of, until it is depleted. Read on to know about more about this power user.
1. Tell us a little more about yourself and about what motivates you to have a better lifestyle?
I am a health conscious person and try to follow certain habits for eating, sleeping, exercise, etc which leads to a healthier and better lifestyle.
2. What in your opinion is the healthiest habit you possess? How does it help you on a day to day basis?
I believe in early to bed, early to rise.I walk/jog for 30 minutes and exercise for at least 30 minutes. This should be made as a habit. And the key to making it a habit is determination and discipline. I follow it every single day. I go for walk for 30-40 minutes and do yoga for 20-30 mins.
3. How do you deal with conflicts of interest between your heart and the brain? When your brain pushes you to keep up with your habits and your heart just tells you to laze around?
I follow my brain and try to avoid the laziness as much as I can. At times, we might have to deviate from the schedule. It’s completely okay to be off track, as long as we come back to track, as quickly as possible. There is no need to fret over it.
4. How do you find a better work life balance when you have a huge list of things-to-do?
First of all, we need to avoid laziness and try to finish to do things as many as we can, so that they won’t pile up for next day and you would have peace of mind. Time Management plays a vital role here.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d formed a habit of but still in the process of doing so? And why is that difficult for you?
Reducing anger and frustration. Getting control over it by doing meditation and taking a minute to respond, before getting into that situation. This is difficult because we are so used to reacting impulsively since childhood. But with meditation, we could take a minute or two, think for ourselves and talk with more control. I practice meditation everyday.
6. Lifestyle goals are deemed to be boring by a vast majority. Since you are someone who has an active healthy lifestyle, voice your opinion on how it need not be boring.
Goals are for your betterment/improvement. Everyone should have goals on their interest and should have zeal and commitment to reach them. You should have as many as you can, but you should plan or decide as to which one needs to be fulfilled on priority. To reach the goals, you should be positive and spend as much time as possible with family and friends. And pull them along if you can too!:)
7. Share one secret tip with our users!
Help Ever, Hurt Never. Hardwork is the only secret for SUCCESS, no shortcuts.