Meet Rakesh Kumar, a fitness enthusiast with a special place in his heart for his parents. He treats being healthy as a way of life and always tries his best to be at his peak physical and mental health.
Come, let’s find out more about him.
1. Tell us about yourself
It’s not possible to describe a universe in a few sentences, but it’s still worth the try “ I am a person who writes whatever I can think of, but sometimes struggles with languages and sometimes with thoughts “
2. What has been your greatest achievement in terms of health and wellness? Tell us a little about your journey to the achievement?
Grand prize winner of “ League of the fit “ a Winning with Wellness program for the year 2016. I won’t say League of fit has helped me, rather it has sculpted me. Through this program I was able to control my weight and health. During the six weeks of the program, I observed that physical activity stimulated my brain, which in turn made me happier and relaxed. To end my statement “Exercise and physical activity are a great way to feel better, gain health benefits and have fun.”
3. What is your health goal for 2017?
My 2017 health goal is “ SMART “ Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Based on that, I have landed up with 4 major things likely Drink more water , Eat more fibre , Increase green leafy vegetables consumption and finally, reduce saturated fats.
4. Who is your greatest inspiration and why?
My parents of course. They have taught me how to be strong and determined in the face of adversity. I have learned to be strong , hopeful and courageous during all the difficult situations that I come across. There’s a quote that I truly abide by “ There is always a light at the end of the dark tunnel, and after every passing storm there is always calmness with bright sunshine “
5. What is that one hobby that you really enjoy doing? Have you missed it dearly or do you actively do it every day?
I am an active cyclist and I love going on long cycle rides.
6. How do you maintain work-life balance?
I decide what is important to me , set my own job & life goals, and choose the correct line of work. “ Apart from all of that, I always think about my family “.
7. If you had a soundtrack to your life what song would you exactly play?
“Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson
8. If we asked you to motivate someone to be healthier or fitter, what exactly would you tell that person?
Will suggest that person to get a workout buddy & consider hiring a personal trainer