Mindfulness can bring many benefits. It brings clarity and vividness to the present moment. It may help people end unhealthy habits and patterns. It can enhance a sense of well-being and bring calmness to troubled spirits. It is also a great way to energize yourself during a long day at work.
Being mindful is a very important part of being energetic. The calmer and more aware of your surroundings, you are, the less energy you’ll spend on futile endeavours. Being mindful focuses your energy on the tasks that are the most relevant. The following quiz will tell you about your mindfulness.
Answer the following questions with a simple yes or no, if the majority of your answers are ‘no’, you are mindful.
1. I could be experiencing some emotion and not be conscious of it until some time later.
2. I break or spill things because of carelessness, not paying attention, or thinking of something else.
3. I find it difficult to stay focused on what’s happening in the present.
4. I tend to walk quickly to get where I’m going without paying attention to what I experience along the way.
5. I tend not to notice feelings of physical tension or discomfort until they really grab my attention.
6. I forget a person’s name almost as soon as I’ve been told it for the first time.
7. It seems I am “running on automatic” without much awareness of what I’m doing.
8. I rush through activities without being really attentive to them.
9. I get so focused on the goal I want to achieve that I lose touch with what I am doing right now to get there.
10. I do jobs or tasks automatically, without being aware of what I’m doing.
So, are you mindful?